How to Sponsor a leader in training
Answers to FAQs
- You can start giving at any time during the year.
- We currently have students awaiting sponsorship in Pakistan, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, India and Myanmar. You can choose your country, or let us allocate this.
- Your monthly gift can be any amount from $50 per month for an Emerging Leader - an undergrad Student. (However, the full sponsorship cost of one student is NZ$250/month. So typically, 5 sponsors support 1 student).
- OR you can increase the long term and regional impact of your gift by sponsoring a Senior Leader i.e. a Masters and PhD student from $100 per month - Pick a Senior Leader here.
- You are welcome to sponsor more than one student per month.
- You are welcome to specify whether your gift is allocated to a woman or a man.
- You will receive a profile, a photo, and one to two reports per year from 'your' student until they graduate.
- Students are not usually informed of the names of their sponsors, though if you would like your student to know about you, we will gladly pass on the information.
- Your monthly gift primarily covers the tuition fees, but may also be used towards library resources, accommodation, and food.
- Each student is pre-approved and meets the school’s entry criteria (similar to how it is done in New Zealand tertiary institutes). The students who are then given sponsorships are selected based on their humility and integrity; men and women who are passionate about the redeeming love of Jesus, and called by God to serve Him.
1. Set up a regular bank AP using our account information on the Donate page here.
2. Send us an email here to let us know you've set up the bank AP. (If you're sponsoring a Senior Leader, add their name to the email too, so we know who should receive your gift).
3. We'll allocate your gift to an undergrad student, and send you information about him or her, so that you may support them in prayer as they study and continue to follow God.
4. Still got questions? Give our office a quick call.
A bit more background
At Partner Schools, students are required to pay local study fees, but the cost between what is affordable for them and the actual cost of tertiary study is quite large. Not because the courses are unreasonably priced (by New Zealand standards they are inexpensive), but because most people (including the students) can barely put food on their table, and because there is no such thing as a student loan. The sponsorships subsidise the difference.
Through Leadership Development, we offer in-country contributions of up to 85% of the true cost of the students’ training, which is put towards the operating expenses at each Partner School. The sponsorships make a major contribution to the needs of the whole Partner School. The students supported are selected for their humility, integrity and servant-hearted leadership; men and women who preach and teach the redeeming love of Jesus.